Things look a little bit different? Our Kol Shalom web site is in transition from URJ’s Web Builder 2.0 to a new WordPress-based Web Builder 3.0 software technology and undergoing reconstruction. We hope you’ll be patient as we continue to update and improve our web site content. Most of our site is more or less as it was before, but some features may not yet be ready to go or are “works in progress.”
- Working together (forming networks and movements) to prevent land grabs and harmful environmental development tactics
- Advocating for new policies to prevent violence and end discrimination against women, LGBT people and sex workers
- Training people in displacement camps, slums and rural areas to advocate for their human rights
- Investigating corruption among Haiti’s leaders and spreading the word about government accountability and the need for reform via radio and alternative media
- Developing safety and security plans and networks to protect human rights activists threatened by violence
Upcoming Adult Education
Jewish Summer Camp Fair
This Sunday, October 14
Come learn about camps, Jewish learning opportunities, youth groups, and other community programs!
Please join us on Oct. 14, at 9am for tefillah led by Rabbi Paul followed by our first ever Jewish Fair until 11:30. Representatives from Jewish Summer Camps, Jewish and Israel Programs and Jewish Learning Centers will be at Kol Shalom to answer all your and your children’s questions about the programs, eligibility, and scholarships. Coffee and snacks will be provided. There will not be childcare at this event nor religious school classes. Both children and parents are encouraged to engage with the program representatives and build on our knowledge of opportunities for Jewish youth, teens and adults.
Torah Readers Wanted
One of the beautiful elements of our congregation is our lay Torah readers. We hope you will volunteer to take on this honor. Laura is available to help and to record the section.
We are currently setting up the schedule of Torah Readers for September through December 2018. The following Saturdays are still available: